I receive a "Wrong Password" error message when I enter my ENGINE Password correctly. Why?
Password entries of internal associates are passed via GAAS Service to the Active Directory. Because GAAS and Active Directory have different technical limitations it might happen that a Novartis ENGINE Password is not accepted by the GAAS Service. Please read the following resources to find out which characters are allowed in a GAAS Compatible Password:
Can e-Seal be used by Novartis internal associates without plugin?
Yes, Novartis internal associates can use e-Seal without a plugin just as external associates do. But it is far more convenient to use it with the plugin.
Are there special technical and legal restrictions for internal Novartis V&D associates?
- Associates in the following countries are not allowed to use the e-Seal system: Sudan, Syria, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Rwanda and Cuba.
- Secure emails cannot be sent or read when offline.
- The content of secure emails cannot be viewed in the reading pane of Microsoft Outlook. You have to open the secure email to read it.
- You cannot use e-Seal in when sending SMS or Fax messages using the @sms.novartis.com or @fax.novartis.com services.
- Behavior of mobile devices is somewhat unpredictable as it not only depends on the type and capabilities of the device, but also the carrier and service provider; please report any issues
- Large file upload and download speed is heavily depending on the performance of the complete network between client and server. Upload of 100MB within 45 seconds is possible within the Novartis network.
- The e-Seal system must be used for business related matters only.
- Overactive SPAM and AV Filters might alter or even delete the secure attachment: In this case, use S/MIME or PGP as external partner
- The reply address on the secure message will be your legacy “chiron.com” address (if you have one); therefore S/MIME and PGP cannot be used by external partners without manual intervention.
How do Novartis associates register?
All Novartis associates are automatically registered!
- Can I use e-Seal to transmit strictly confidential information?
How do I read my secure email on Lightning II?
Currently, there is no e-Seal plug-in available on Lighting II, yet you can still read your secure email. To read your email, open the secure email and then open the attached securedoc.html file. The file will open in a browser window. Follow the on-screen instructions to open and read the secure email.
Who can request the revocation of an external associate's account?
The following entities can request the revocation of an external associate's account:
- All Novartis Associates
What's the procedure for the revoking external associate's account?
All requests must be addressed with your corresponding service desk.
What do I need to respect before registering an external associate?
Please check whether it is deemed necessary to have a "non-disclosure agreement" in place to exchange confidential data with external entities.
Is there a way to save my email in a draft form?
Yes, as any other email, you can save a secure email in the draft folder.
What shall I do when the "Send Secure" button is missing?
To send a secured email without the "Send Secure" button, type [send secure] in the email subject or access the e-Seal website on https://secure-mail.novartis.net (user id: your email address, password: your system logon (also known as ENGINE or Windows) password)
Can I send screen shots from my mail program using the send secure button?
Yes, screen shots can be send as attachments.
What happens when external associates leave their company?
If they still have access to their email (i.e. when they take their email archive with them), they can still read them. As an internal associate, you can request a associate to be suspended.
When sending an email I receive a warning message that reads "Multiple entries found while looking up".
This is caused by a double entry of the associate. One entry is located in your personal address book and the other in the global address book. There are two ways to solve this:
1. Delete the person from your personal address book
2. Update the entry in your personal address book and set the email type from "Lotus Notes" to "Internet Mail"